The mission of Paul VI Catholic High School’s student news website, Panther Press, is to report on news, events, and individual accomplishments relevant to the Paul VI community. Through our journalistic endeavors, we hope to provide our readers with timely, useful, and entertaining information in support of our school’s mission to “grow in grace and wisdom.”
Code of Ethics
- We promise to take responsibility for the accuracy of our reporting.
- We promise to avoid the use of anonymous sources, unless absolutely necessary to the story.
- We promise to acknowledge mistakes and seek to rectify them immediately
- We promise to support the work of our reporters unless proven guilty of serious wrongdoing.
- We promise to report on diverse topics relevant to the Paul VI community.
- We promise to respect and promote the civil exchange of ideas and viewpoints in our reporting and opinion articles.
- We promise to avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
- We promise to gather, update, and correct information throughout the life of a news story.
- We promise to label advocacy and commentary.
- We promise to never plagiarize. Always attribute.
Jackie DiBartolomeo – Co-Editor
Erin McLaughlin – Co-Editor
Katie Williams – Co-Editor
Mrs. Yanchulis – Teacher Adviser
Columbia Scholastic Press Association
Gold Medalist 2001–2004
Silver Medalist 2002, 2006, 2007, 2008
Bronze Medalist 2005
Quill and Scroll
First Place 1992–2004, 2006
Second Place 2004–2009
National Scholastic Press Association
First Class 2001–2003
Second Class 2005–2007, 2013
American Scholastic Press Association
First Place 2005–2010